Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Accidental Perfection

I had a brilliant idea to remove the sub woofer speaker from behind the TV stand and then I could move it back into the corner more so it didn't look like so much empty space behind the new TV cover. We took out the speaker and started to move the stand and the back legs of the stand ripped off. We weren't sure what to do because I figured a new stand wouldn't fit the new TV cover and Hubby said he could try to fix the legs, but I looked under and it was all the same length and I said let's just take the front legs off and put the stand flat on the floor, so we did. It lowered the TV to exactly eye level and the new TV cover doesn't block the shelf on the wall and it looks less bulky in the room. I love it more now! I ordered a candle chandelier to hang over the area to fill in the space behind the TV stand a little. Picture to come...
You may also notice that the curtain on the bottom is half the size it used to be. We decided to upgrade to this decade and get a soundbar and little sub speaker instead of our wired surround sound. We were able to fit it all in the TV cover and remove the receiver from the cabinet. I cut the curtain in half and now have a display cubby too!

No comments:

Post a Comment