Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Cleaning

The concept of Spring cleaning seems a bit lost on younger people these days. I happen to almost like doing it. So much so that I do it in the Fall too, but we'll get to that in a few months. It's freeing to clean every nook and cranny and to get rid of stuff that I no longer need or want. It's a good feeling to start the nice weather off in a clean fresh home. So far, I've Spring cleaned the living room, computer room, downstairs bathroom and I did all the windows and curtains in the house. Some rooms have different Summer and Winter curtains so now the windows are light and airy in preperation for the AC's going in in a couple months. I bought new Summer curtains for the computer room window. Before, I used a valance and the window seems too long for something so small just on top so this year I bought a swag.

So my washing machine ate the chair pad on the antique rocking chair in the computer room when I was Spring cleaning in there. I had to buy new chair pads for it and I decided to get a new throw too. The fuzzy cow print pillow was made from my firt car's seat covers. I was storing them in a closet and felt like it was a waste of space, but I had loved those seat covers (I'm a huge cow collector and it all started around the time of my first car) so I made the backs of them into a pillow so I will always have a part of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment