Monday, August 9, 2010

Spare Bedroom Redo

This past weekend I picked up the shelves for the spare bedroom redo and put them up with my Husband's help (even with his broken toe!). Everything was going fairly easy which is a feat for me because I can tell if something is 1/8 of an inch off and it "burns my eyes" and I can't stop obsessing over it until it's fixed. Right up until the last screw on the last shelf, that is. The screw broke off inside the anchor and we couldn't get it out no matter what we tried. These are the big plastic dry wall screw in anchors too. My Hubby hobbled downstairs and out to his garage to get his drill and supplies and he countersunk the hanging hook on the back of the shelf in a different place so we put a new anchor and screw in next to the one that we can't get out of the wall. Then we had to bang the broken one into the wall a little so that I can spackle over it. The shelf is now a little bit off and we can't get it to correct no matter how much we tighten or loosen the screws, but it's a really tiny bit and I am able to counteract it by putting something slightly taller on one side of the shelf and then it's an illusion that fools my eyes into thinking it's straight enough.





The items on the shelves might change a bit once the room is painted, but for now those are the items looking for a home on the shelves. The Eiffel Tower picture on the other wall used to be in the living room for part of the year before the polka dotted cow picture arrived. I think it will look nice against the new color in there. Oh yeah, you can maybe see the new color on the shelf in the first picture. It's the lightest one on the strip and it's called "icing on the cake".

No comments:

Post a Comment